You get more when you book with BJ's Travel instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying Celebrity Cruise Line offers, plus all of the Captain's Club benefits. Book your next Celebrity cruise today!
Call us at 888-743-2735 if you need help finding the perfect cruise.
Great news! Celebrity Cruises is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Effective, June 12, 2022, all air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, will not need to present a negative COVID-19 test to return to the United States.
Need to know information
Pre-cruise boarding checklist US SAILINGS:
- Complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing.
- Proof of Vaccine - indicating the guests 12 and over have completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sail date.
- Negative COVID-19 test taken within 2 days of embarkation (Antigen or PCR) for all guests (2 and above) regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks - face masks will be optional on board for all vaccinated guests. Masks will continue to be required for unvaccinated guests, at all times indoors, except while eating or drinking. This policy is re-evaluated on a continuous basis and any updates will be shared with our guests.
Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is recommended.
- No passport? Bring a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate + a valid Driver's License or picture ID issued by the government for age 16 and older.
- If the name doesn't match, bridging documents are required, like a Marriage Certificate.
Celebrity Health & Safety FAQs
What are the Pre-Cruise COVID-19 Testing Requirements?
Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises requires all guests two years of age and older to present a digital or printed copy of negative COVID-19 test result in order to board any sailing. Pre-Cruise testing requirements may continue throughout 2022.
- Each guest must take either an Antigen or PCR test, conducted with an accredited testing provider within two days of boarding the ship.
- All Unvaccinated guests required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. (Includes children aged 2 through 11)
- COVID-19 test required before arriving at the terminal cannot be taken on boarding day, as per CDC recommendations.
- The type and timing of the test is dependent on the embarkation country and vaccination status.
- The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of the test results, therefore the COVID-19 PCR test required before arriving at the terminal cannot be taken on boarding day.
- For Europe sailings, unvaccinated guests now have the option to either bring a pre-arrival test within 1 day of sailing or get tested at the terminal.
- Mid-cruise/port of call testing is only applicable to itineraries visiting Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Spain.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test?
- Guests may take their COVID-19 test at any participating drug store (Walgreens, CVC).
- Schedule an appointment with your medical professional.
- Fully vaccinated guests can order at home test with live video supervision (partnered with Celebrity).
Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test: This test kit will be delivered anywhere in the United States within three business days following your order date.
- Your validated test results will be delivered within 15 minutes.
- Please click to Order At-home Test Kit
- Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test: This test kit will be delivered anywhere in the United States within three business days following your order date.
- Schedule a qualified medical technician to your home, office, hotel, or any place you choose, to perform the test (partnered with Celebrity).
- Bioreference - Scarlet Concierge Service In partnership with Bio-reference a concierge testing option is also available for our fully vaccinated guests.
- Your results will be ready in about 48 hours.
- Click here to make an appointment.
Can I provide a certificate of recovery?
Beginning with sailings departing on or after March 18, 2022, guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11-90 days prior to the sail date in order to board. Carnival will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record. Additionally, please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination.
A Certificate of Recovery must meet the following requirements:
- Be on official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
- The Provider’s name, address, phone number and
- The Provider’s address
- The Provider’s phone number
- Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation
- Be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provider
- Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 180 days before the departure date of your cruise
- Date of validity must extend throughout the duration of your cruise
- Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 PCR test taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise.
- An antigen test result will not be accepted with a Certificate of Recovery.
- The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result.
- This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification.
- Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted.
- Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.
What proof of Vaccine do I need to provide?
Celebrity Cruises will continue to abide by CDC guidance and require all guests who are eligible to be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of May 5, 2022, this will include all guests 12 years of age and older on all Celebrity Cruises sailings. For Europe sailings, all guests 18 and older must be fully vaccinated (they increased the age requirement for vaccinated guest from 12 to 18 years old).
- To comply with this requirement, documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding. We will sail with all crew and guests who are eligible fully vaccinated.
- For sailings departing the United States, to be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.
- For Europe sailings, all guests 18 and older must be fully vaccinated (they increased the age requirement for vaccinated guest from 12 to 18 years old).
- Celebrity Cruise will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery.
Do I need a Booster Vaccine to Travel?
- At this time, COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not currently required to sail on Celebrity Cruises but are highly recommended to ensure a smoother vacation experience and to avoid additional onboard testing and costs at your own expense throughout the sailing. Guests who have received 3 or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, due to booster regimens, will be considered fully vaccinated and up to date if at least one of these conditions is satisfied:
- At least 2 of the doses are Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Covishield, Sinovac, Sinopharm or Covaxin administered at least 28 days apart. The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
- At least 1 dose is Johnson & Johnson, completed at least 14 days before sailing.
What Vaccines are accepted?
Celebrity accepts vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization. A guest is considered fully vaccinated after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered at least 28 days apart and at least 14 days before sailing.
- Pfizer: 2 Doses
- Moderna: 2 Doses
- Johnson & Johnson: 1 Dose
- AstraZeneca: 2 Doses
- Sinopharm: 2 doses
- Sinovac: 2 Doses
- U.S. Based AstraZeneca and Novavax clinical trial participants are considered fully vaccinated.
- US participants in COVID-19 vaccine trials can be considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after they complete the vaccine series, if it has been confirmed that they received “active” vaccine, and not placebo.
Can I have mixed vaccines?
The CDC will now also recognize as fully vaccinated, all guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses:
- Mixed Doses: Pfizer (1 Dose) + Moderna (1 Dose) in any order
- Mixed Doses: AstraZeneca (1 Dose) + Pfizer (1 Dose) OR Moderna (1 Dose)
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Are masks required onboard?
While onboard, masks are optional but highly recommended for unvaccinated guests.
Masks are also optional in the cruise terminal throughout boarding, screening and while disembarking, unless otherwise required by a local ordinance. We will notify guests at the terminal if masks are required.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Can I get off the ship at Port?
- All vaccinated guests may go ashore on their own in ports where it's permitted.
- Please be aware that as destination conditions change, you may be required to go ashore on a booked shore excursion. This will help to keep you safe and healthy for the rest of your vacation.
- Unvaccinated guests and families with unvaccinated children may only go ashore on a booked shore excursion.
Book directly with BJ's Travel for our exclusive benefits:
- 110% Best Price Guarantee on vacation & cruise bookings
- BJ’s Gift Cards on vacation, villa & cruise bookings
- Limited-time offers and discounts
- Travel experts available 24/7Up to 50% off hotel bookings
- Up to 35% off car rentals
Book your next vacation online or call us at 888-743-2735.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.